Complete procedure guide to register for a voter id card in Tamil Nadu - Stepwise registration details
Voting in India is a constitutional right once the citizen is of 18 years of age. It is very important for every eligible citizen of India to vote, though initially it may not seem to cause any harm but the long term effects are ill-fated. By exercising their right to vote, citizens prove their respect for the history and the heritage of their country. And make sure that their country is governed by the right people.
Voter ID for State Elections in TamilnaduTamilnadu the 11th largest Indian city, is known to be the land of Tamils. The state was ranked sixth according to the Human Development Index in the year 2011. Tamil Nadu was ranked as the third most developed state in India based on a "Multidimensional Development Index.” It is a state that shows loads of potential, when it comes to casting votes and deciding the fate of their country. The residents of Tamil Nadu constantly strive to bring about productive development in their state ,and what better way to do this than participating in the elections. They are aware of the difference a single vote can make.
Apart from being 18 years of age, citizens of India also need to have a registered Voting ID. This thanks to the Electoral Commission of India can be done with just a few clicks.
You may also like this article:
Follow the simple guide given below and make your registered voter’s ID card:
- The first thing you need to do is to log on to http://www.elections.tn.gov.in/eregistration/ . If you are already a voter ID card holder and you wish to check your card status, all you need to do is put in your registration number. This website is informative and is easy to use.
- Once you click this link your will be prompted to create an account. Fill in your e-mail ID and Mobile number and a verification code will be sent to your phone. Now your account is registered
- The next step is to find the FORM 6. Click on the Icon of `Form 6’. Fill in the required details i:e your Email ID, Mobile number and your Aadhar card number. After this you will be asked to upload a scanned passport sized picture of yourself, along with the your residential proof and age proof. In case you are unable to upload these documents, take a printout of FORM-6, fill it manually and submit it at the electoral office.
- You will also have to send a hard copy of all your documents along with your signature to the Electoral Officer, prior to which a Booth Level Officer will visit your residence and approve your request.
- A link would be forwarded to your email ID.(There may be a 1 week gap between the form submitted and the data reflected on the website.)