Check you name online in the central and state elections voter list with stepwise process details - ECI Officials
Voters List or the Electoral Roll is a comprehensive list of all the voters in a particular constituency. It is released to the public by the Election Commision of India. On this list, you can search whether your name is listed as a voter for an upcoming election. However, this list cannot be altered 10 days before the Election Day.
Every constituency of every state has a separate voters list prepared. This list is refreshed before every election. The Election Commission of India makes it easier for us to check whether our name is present in the list.
Let me guide you with the steps with which you can check your name in the list.
There are two ways in which you can check your name in the electoral roll, viz, online and offline
Checking your name in the Voters List- Online MethodChecking the presence of your name in the Voters List online has become a very easy process. Previously, different states had different websites and it would be troublesome to keep searching for a particular state’s website. Now the Election Commission has brought together all the links to one particular link, making it easier to search for your name.
Following is the method to check your name as a voter online:
- Go to the website http://eci.nic.in/eci_main1/Linkto_electo_search.aspx. Here you can find links to pdf formats of Electoral Rolls.
- Click on the state where you reside or have enrolled as a voter.
- A new tab opens up. Here you have two options- To search by Name or by ID card
- If you have your Voters ID card handy, click on it. Otherwise click on Name.
- New fields become visible. Fill in the details, viz, your district and your name.
Checking your name in the Voters List – Offline Method
How to Correct the Discrepancies in Voter List
- If by chance your personal details mentioned in the voters list have mistakes, get it corrected as soon as possible before the next elections. For this you will have to fill in Form 8 and submit it to the Chief Electoral Officer of your state.
- Also, if your name does not appear on the list, fill in the Form 6 early on before the elections. You have to submit this form also to the Chief Electoral Officer of your state.
Please check whether your name is present in the Voters List or not. Otherwise, even if you have a Voters ID card, you will not be allowed to vote.