Apply for a fake voter id card in India is a punishable offence - How to avoid the use of fake voter id card in Indian elections and measures to keep yourself away from get trapped
Voter ID is an important identity card for all Indians. It is given to citizens of India who are above 18 years of age, and supplements the ability to vote in all the elections. It can also be used as a Proof of Identity and as a Proof of Address.
However, owing to the rise in corruption, creating fake Voter ID cards has become very easy. All that you have to do is supply a photograph of a person who is no more a citizen of India (he is either deceased or has left the country), other fake details and a measly amount of Rs 200. The people who make these fake voter IDs stick a fake hologram and stamp using a duplicate rubber stamp. Laminate this fake ID, and you will never know the difference!
Related Post which might help you in getting voter id card: How to get Voter ID Card Verification Online
Why are Fake Voter IDs created?
- Since a very long time, fake voter IDs are being created in millions. This is mainly because of the following reasons:
- People create fake Voter IDs to cheat other systems such as buying a SIM card or creating a ration card, as it can be used as proof of identity, age, or address.
- To rig elections, some political parties create many fake voter ID cards so that their number of votes can be increase.
What can we do to Avoid Fake Voter ID Card?It is a matter of concern for common man. This is because you never know when someone else has used your details from the electoral roll of a constituency and has created a Voter ID card to suffice his illegal motives. Also, chances are that you pay them money for creating a voter ID in return for a fake and unusable one!
- Report the Election Commission of any change in your address or your constituency. This can be done by submitting the Form 6 to your constituency’s Electoral Office if you have a change in residence address.
- Make use of the National Voters Services Portal or go to the Electoral Office yourself instead of relying blindly on agents for services relating to the voter ID. This includes creating a new ID card, correcting details printed on the card, searching your name in the Voters List as well as enrolling for the first time or changing the constituency.
- Link voter ID with Aadhaar Card. The project of Aadhaar Card has been started with an aim to eliminate fake entries by taking biometric details of a person as well. Linking your Voter ID with Aadhaar card will be useful in deleting fake entries. Also, linking your Voter ID with aadhaar card will ensure the security of your personal details.