Joint Pahal LPG Subsidy Scheme by linking your Aadhar Card and Saving Bank Account to your LPG distributor to get the subsidy amount directly into your bank account
What is the PAHAL DBTL Scheme?The PAHAL DBTL (Direct Benefit Transfer of LPG) scheme is a government initiative for giving access to LPG subsidies. It was initially launched in 2013 where the Aadhar Card was mandatory for availing this scheme. However, logistical difficulties were taken into account, and now it is available even for citizens without an Aadhar Card, as long as they have a bank account.
The scheme was devised to provide vital cooking gas subsidies for domestic households. This was especially beneficial for the poor. It is also a method of preventing or reducing the unauthorised sale of LPG cylinders and to prevent the purchase of multiple gas connections.
Methods of Receiving the Subsidy
Once an LPG consumer joins the PAHAL DBTL Scheme, he is considering being a CTC (Cash Transfer Compliant). There are two ways to receive the LPG subsidy.
- Primary Method by Linking Aadhar Card: Whenever an Aadhar Card is available, that shall be the primary method of initiating cash transfer. To this effect, an LPG Consumer will have to link his Aadhar Number to his LPG Consumer number and a bank account.
- Secondary Method by Direct Transfer To Bank: Should the consumer not have an Aadhar card, he can link his bank account to his LPG Consumer number. This is to ensure that more people are given access to the subsidy. This can be done by either presenting the LPG distributor with his bank details or by presenting his bank with his LPG consumer number.
How to Use the Primary MethodIf the consumer has an Aadhar Card, they may access the PAHAL Direct benefits transfer of LPG Subsidy by linking it to their bank account and LPG Consumer number. This is a very easy two step process.
Step 1: Fill up the Form 1, available here: http://petroleum.nic.in/dbt/form1.pdf and deposit it at your bank branch.
Step 2: Link your Aadhar Number to your LPG Consumer number in one of many possible ways.
- Directly: Drop the Form 2 at the LPG Distributor.
- By Phone: Call the toll-free number 1800 2333 555 to register your Aadhar Number.
- Online: Visit https://rasf.uidai.gov.in/seeding/User/ResidentSelfSeedingpds.aspx and follow the four easy steps to register your Aadhar Number quickly.
- By Post: Mail Form 2, found above, to the address mentioned by your Distributor.
How to Use the Secondary MethodThis is the method available for people who do not have an Aadhar Card. You may link your bank account to your LPG Consumer number in one of two ways.
Option 1: You can submit your bank account details to the LPG authorities through two possible ways
- Directly: Fill in Form 4 and submit it to your LPG distributor.
- Online: Visit http://www.mylpg.in/ and fill in your bank account details in the right-hand side box of the website.
Option 2: You can also submit your 17 digit LPG Consumer number to your bank through Form 3.
Following the above steps will allow you to successfully join the PAHAL LPG Subsidy.