How to get your own high end security digital locker by linking aadhar card and get feel safe for your web profile
Digital Locker is one of the core initiatives under the Digital India program. Its goal is to create a paperless future where verified documents may be shared across agencies in a safe manner without requiring hassle-som paper copies. It allows users up to 1GB of cloud space to store their essential documents. One of its key features is the e-Signing facility where self-attestations may be greatly streamlined. The unnecessary, time-consuming problems of paper document submissions may be avoided. It will also greatly reduce the administrative overhead of departments as there will be minimum to zero paperwork.
DigiLock uses the authenticity security measures of Aadhar required to create a safe space for personal documents.
Take the benefit of government schemes by: Link Aadhar Card to Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana - Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana - Atal Pension Yojna
How to Get Your Own Digital Locker?-Signing Up
Setting up your digital locker and getting started with your official document sharing, is very easy. Just follow the following steps-1. Visit https://digitallocker.gov.in/ and click on “Sign Up” in the top right corner of the screen.
2. Enter your Aadhar number and Captcha and press enter.
3. Voila! You’re in.
-Logging In and Using the Digital LockerTo log in, you will again have to
1. Use your Aadhar number and an OTP (One Time Pin) that will be sent to your registered mobile.
2. Carefully fill in the e-KYC (Know Your Customer), conducted by the UIDAI.
3. Upload your e-documents and e-sign them when necessary.
Why Use DigiLock?
- It is a high-security digital storage facility, creating a space for these documents.
- The future of the digital India initiative will have the governing authorities issue documents in e-format only thereby decreasing dependence on paper.
- Sending and verification of documents can be considerably easier.
- The authenticity of the documents is guaranteed by using the Aadhar feature.
- There will be a considerable decrease in administrative overhead
- Citizens can access their documents anytime and anywhere.
Features of DigiLock
Every user of DigiLock has a dashboard with the following sections
- My Certificates: This section has two subsections:
2. Uploaded Documents: This subsection contains the actual files uploaded by the user. Each file to be uploaded cannot exceed 1MB in size. Only pdf, jpg, jpeg, png, bmp and gif file types are allowed to be uploaded.
- My Profile: This section displays a conclusive profile of the user as visible in the UIDAI database.
- My Issuer: This section shows a list of the issuers' names and the number of documents issued to the account holder by the issuer.
- My Requester: This section has a list of the requesters' names and the number of documents requested by the user by the requesters.
- Directories: This section displays the complete list of registered issuers and requesters along with their URLs.