List of relevant documents required to apply for a new aadhar card and for the correction - Documents accepted by UID as Address and Identity proof
Aadhar card is a very important document. It is provided by the central government and is a unique identification number card. It is a unique number provided by the UIDAI to each and every individual of the 16 states it is currently operating at. It also is biometric by nature and provides a high level of security to your personal details.
Once enrolling for this card, there is a series of important documents required by the government so that they can provide the card to the exact person without any infiltration procedure. There are basically three kinds of documents needed by the government:
1. The documents that would provide proof of your identity that is a photo identity document,
2. The documents that would provide proof of your residence and
3. The documents to provide proof of your birth date.
If you have not yet received your aadhar card and lost acknowledgement slip, click here to get: Aadhar Card Online Status by name
The list of documents that are accepted as your identity proof:
- The Legal Name Change Certificate.
- The Photo Bank ATM Card,
- The ration card,
- The Certificate of Identify having photo issued by Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead,
- The Gazette Notification,
- The CGHS / ECHS Photo Card,
- The Photo Credit Card,
- The Disability ID Card/handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT,
- The Marriage Certificate,
- The Pan card
- The Kissan Photo Passbook,
- The Pensioner Photo Card,
- The Proof of Marriage document issued by the Registrar,
- The Freedom Fighter Photo Card,
- The voter identity card,
- The Address Card having Name and Photo issued by Department of Posts,
- The passport.
The list of documents that are accepted as an address proof apart from the above-mentioned documents:
- The Water bill (not older than 3 months)
- The Property Tax Receipt (not older than 3 months)
- A Signed Letter having Photo issued by Recognized Educational Instruction on letterhead
- The NREGS Job Card
- A Signed Letter having Photo from Bank on letterhead
- The Credit Card Statement (not older than 3 months)
- A Signed Letter having Photo issued by registered Company on letterhead
- The Insurance Policy
- The Electricity Bill (not older than 3 months)
- The Telephone Landline Bill (not older than 3 months)
- The Government Photo ID cards/ service photo identity card issued by PSU
The list of documents to prove your birth date:
- The birth certificate.
- Class 10 admit card or certificate,
- Class 12 admit card or certificate.
In case any documents you think necessary, are missing, you can check the entire list of documents at https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/document-list.
After getting your Aadhar card if you by any chance want to update few details of yours which you had not provided before, or you want to correct or change any details of yours then their website has even made it easy for you.
If you need to update your Aadhar card, you can do it in two ways,· Online and
· By post.
By updating it means the changing of your name or address or email id or your phone number, as per requirement.
The online method:
- You need to log in your account to the website of UIDAI,
- You would be asked to upload the relevant documents along with whatever you want to update or correct.
- By relevant documents, it means that if you want to correct or update your phone number, you only have to update a proof of your current phone number,
- If it is your name that needs a change, then the proof needed would be one of your photo identity proves.
- Anyone relevant document can be uploaded along with the filled form.
- Once submitted after proper verification, your details would be updated.
The postal method:Here the difference is that you would need to download the form, fill it yourself and send it to one of the addresses provided in the Annexure II.
Once your details are updated, you would be getting a letter of the update at your home address, except for the updating of your phone number where the message of the update will be sent to your now registered phone number.